HV 400V Geiger Driver Two Channels for Muon Cosmic Ray Coincidence Detector
Miniature fixed 400V high voltage output module with 2 channels for 2 Geiger Tubes.
Has GM pulses buffer circuit with digitized shape pulse output on every channel. That allows to connect it directly to a micro-controller for building DIY Digital Dosimeter or DIY Muon Cosmic Ray Coincidence Detector. The pulses can be read on SIG1 and on SIG2 output.
The board has A0 analog output that allows to measure high voltage constantly by a micro-controller ADC.
Can be integrated into battery operated portable equipment or used for laboratory setup.
- Fixed High Voltage Output 400V
- Number of Channels: 2
- Compatible with many popular 400V GM Tubes
- ~ 10.0uS TTL digitized pulse output of GM pulses, 3.3 logic level
- Ability to drive long probe signal cable
- Input supply voltage 5.0V-5.5V
- Output current 40uA at 400V
- Quiescent battery current ~ 1mA
- Includes 10M load resistor on the PCB for every channel
- Compatible with PIC / AVR / MSP / Arduino
- Physical dimensions: 43mm x 24mm
- Shipping Weight: 150gr
- UPC Number: 634154871171
- SKU: RH-K-GK-HV-4
UNIQUE High Voltage Geiger Tube Driver for two tubes and with two channels signal buffer. Can be used for building DIY Digital Dosimeter with 2 tubes or for DIY Coincidence Detector.
Because of the high energy, muons can trigger two Geiger tubes with a sheet of lead between them almost simultaneously whereas normal background radiation and other particles will only trigger the two detectors randomly. Background gamma radiation is not energetic enough to pass through both tubes (and the lead) and trigger them both. Thus, when you get a coincident detection, it is very certain to be a muon.
If you want to monitor high voltage on tubes with microcontroller ADC you can use A0 module output. It has about 2000mV DC for 400V.
- S1 - tube#1 pulse
- S2 - tube#2 pulse
- A0 - analog output for ADC
- GND - ground
- 5V - voltage input 5V DC
- Anode and Cathode connected as shown on the diagram